• The Indian M&E sector grew at 7% in FY20 to reach a size of INR1.75 trillion, a CAGR of 10% over FY16-20.
• The advertising revenue growth was estimated at 3% in FY20, with the advertising revenues reaching a size of INR 726 billion by FY20
• The growth in overall revenues was driven by Digital and OTT video, with a growth of 26% in FY20.
• Gaming was the fastest-growing segment with a rapid increase in consumption translating partially into monetization, although from a lower revenue base
• Television continued to be the largest segment both in terms of overall and advertisement revenues and saw 9% growth in overall revenues in FY20.
• The film segment was flat, while Print, OOH and Radio saw a decline in overall revenue in FY20.