Digital around the world in 2020
- The number of people around the world using the internet has grown to 4.54 billion, an increase of 7% (298 million new users) as compared to January 2019
- Worldwide, there are 3.80 billion social media users in January 2020, with this number increasing by more than 9% (321 million new users) since last year
- Globally, more than 5.19 billion people now use mobile phones, with user numbers up by 124 million (2.4%) over the past year
- Average internet user spends 6 hours and 43 minutes online each day.
- World’s internet users will spend a cumulative 1.25 billion years online in 2020, with 1/3+ of that time spent using social media
- Internet users in the Philippines spend an average of 9 hours and 45 minutes per day online while it is just 4 hours and 22 minutes per day in Japan.