• Data scientist is a job in high demand
• Boasting a median base salary of $110,000, as well as a job satisfaction score of 4.4 out of 5, it had claimed the top spot on Glassdoor’s Best Jobs in America list in 2017 and 2016
• Python is the most common skill and is listed in 72% of job descriptions, with R closely behind at 64%, and SQL at 51%.
• 9/10 job postings in the survey sample require at least one of the above stated skills
• 71% of job postings for data science jobs fall into the category of “core data scientist” with the requirement of Python, R, SQL and has an average estimated salary of $116,203