Ethereum futures open interest reaches an all-time high of $1 billion
- Ethereum futures interest has passed $1 billion as professional traders pile in.
- Futures interest fell below $400 million following the March crypto crash.
- Ethereum futures interest has a long way to go before challenging Bitcoin.
- Crypto exchange OKEx currently maintains the largest open interest at more than $290 million, with Huobi and BitMEX both also adding more than $200 million to the aggregate total
- BTC futures open interest passed the $4 billion mark on July 21