Key highlights of ‘RIDING THE STORM- Towards the Giant India SaaS Opportunity | July 2020’ by Nasscom:
- Indian SaaS Revenues at $3.5 Billion in FY2020, growing at 30% with global sales accounting for 75% of revenues
- Chennai has emerged as the “SaaS capital” (generating $1+ billion in revenue) due to the presence of leading SaaS providers and academic institutions.
- Indian SaaS industry has 1,000+ companies with 150+ companies generating an ARR > $1 million, with 6 SaaS unicorns
- BFSI has the highest SaaS spend among industries
- By 2025, $400 billion addressable global opportunity for SaaS
- SaaS funding in India has grown at a CAGR 15% over the last 3 years
- APIs to be the next growth driver in the SaaS era