Key highlights of Contribution of Smartphones to Digital Governance in India by ICEA and KPMG (July 2020):
• India is expected to get 829 million smartphone users by 2022.
• India is the fastest growing app market in the world; the top country in terms of app downloads as of 2019.
• Data usage has gone from 2.7GB per month in 2016 to roughly 10.4GB per month in 2019.
• Smartphone penetration in rural India has risen from 9% in 2015 to 25% in 2018.
• 9/10 users will be using vernacular languages between 2016 and 2021, reaching double the English users by 2021.