• Asia: 90% of countries offer business registration and business license application services online.
• Oceania: The most commonly offered online service is applying for government vacancies (86%) and the least prevalent is registering a motor vehicle (14%).
• Americas: The most popular online services (up to 94% countries) include registering a business, paying for utilities and applying for marriage/birth/death certificates.
• Africa: Registering a business and applying for a business licence online are services offered by 65-70% of countries.
• Europe: 88-95% offer half of the 20 online services assessed, while 70%+ provides all of the services— with the exception of online visa applications, offered by only 44% of European countries.
Source: UN E-Government Survey 2020